Marknet N7000e, N7002e, and N7020e Print Servers
The MarkNet N7002e provides secure, manageable network printing to a single printer or multifunction product with a parallel connection in a medium to large workgroup.
The MarkNet N7000e connects a USB printer to your corporate network. With Fast Ethernet networking and a single USB 2.0 Hi-Speed capable port, the MarkNet N7000e offers high performance printing to your entire workgroup.
The MarkNet N7020e provides secure, manageable network printing to any combination of up to four USB printers or multifunction products in a medium to large workgroup.
The MarkNet N7020e connects up to four USB printers to your enterprise network. With Gigabit Ethernet networking and a four USB 2.0 Hi-Speed capable ports, the MarkNet N7020e provides a local printing experience for everyone in your department.
Install your printer on the network without a technical degree thanks to an easy to use setup wizard and plain text LCD operator panel.
Secure the link between your workstation and printer with built-in IPsec security.
Prevent unauthorized device access with 802.1x authentication.
ThinPrint support for use in Citrix MetaFrame and Microsoft Windows Terminal Services Environments
Printing and Scanning Support
Network Communications Security
- The MarkNet N7000e print server offers network printing support for laser, inkjet, and dot-matrix products. In addition to printing, the USB print servers offer network scanning support for select Lexmark All-In-One products.
Works with an Evolving Network
- SSL* protocol secures connections to the device's embedded web server to protect configuration and device status messages. SNMPv3 supports encrypted and authenticated management traffic protecting remote configuration and device status messages. IPSec can be used with both TCP/IP IPv4 and IPv6 networks and provides encryption and authentication of communications at the network layer. *This product includes software developed by the OpenSSL Project for use in the OpenSSL Toolkit.
Embedded Web Server
- MarkNet N7000 series print servers support IPv6, the next generation of TCP/IP. This feature allows workgroups to use existing printers with next generation networking standards. MarkNet N7000e offers benefits to workgroups with established networks by supporting legacy protocols such as TCP/IP (IPv4), IPX/SPX and AppleTalk.
Secure Internet Printing
- Remotely administer device settings through a web browser using the Embedded Web Server. With HTTPs support, administrators can modify print server settings, monitor printer status and update settings on select Lexmark printers over a secure channel.
USB Flash Drive Support
- With IPP 1.1, MarkNet N7000 Series print servers allow users to send encrypted print jobs over the Internet.
- MarkNet N7000e includes the ability to perform device configuration and firmware updates using a USB flash drive.
- Print over a limited bandwidth network with minimal impact to response time for use in Citrix MetaFrame and Microsoft Windows Terminal Services Environments. Features include 1) Enable and disable ThinPrint, 2) Change ThinPrint IP port, 3) Change block size and 4) Control bandwidth.
|Network Printing Methods||LPR/LPD|
Direct IP (Port 9100)
NDS Queue-based Printing
Enhanced IP (Port 9400)
IPP 1.1 (Internet Printing Protocol)>
|Network Protocol Support||TCP/IP IPv4|
|TCP/IP Set of Application Services||Zero configuration|
NTP: Network Time Protocol
ping, finger, telnet
|Network Management Protocols||HTTP|
|Network Security||SSL* Enabled Embedded Web Server|
TCP/IP port access control
802.1x Authentication: MD5, MSCHAPv2, LEAP, PEAP, TLS, TTLS
*This product includes software developed by the OpenSSL Project for use in the OpenSSL Toolkit.
|Connectors||One RJ-45 for category 3, 4, 5, 5e, and 6 cabling|
One or Four (depending upon model) USB 2.0 Specification Hi-Speed Certified Ports
|Product Certifications||FCC Class B, UL 60950-1, CSA, ICES Class B, CE Class B, EN 55022, EN 55024, CB IEC 60950 1, IEC 61000-3-2, -3-3, C-tick Class B, AS/NZS 3548 Class B|
|Apple Macintosh Operating Systems Supported||Apple Mac OS X|
Apple Mac OS 9.x
|Linux Operating Systems Supported||Red Flag Linux Desktop 4.0, 5.0|
Linpus Linux Desktop 9.2, 9.3
Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS 3.0, 4.0, 5.0
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 8.0, 9.0, 10.0
SUSE Linux Professional 9.1, 9.2, 9.3
Debian GNU/Linux 3.1, 4.0
Linspire Linux 5.0
|Microsoft Windows Operating Systems Supported||Microsoft Windows 2000|
Microsoft Windows NT (4.00/4.00 Server)
Microsoft Windows Me
Microsoft Windows XP
Microsoft Windows Server 2003
Microsoft Windows 98 2nd Edition
Microsoft Windows XP x64
Microsoft Windows Server 2003 running Terminal Server
Microsoft Windows 2000 Server running Terminal Services
Microsoft Windows Server 2003 x64 Edition
Microsoft Windows Server 2003 x64 Edition running Terminal Services
|Novell Operating Systems Supported||Novell Open Enterprise Server for Netware with NDS, iPrint or Novell Distributed Print Services (NDPS)|
Novell NetWare 3.2, 4.2 (bindery)
Novell NetWare 4.2, 5.x and 6.x (NDS)
Novell NetWare 5.x, 6.x with iPrint or Novell Distributed Print Services (NDPS)
|Other Operating Systems Supported||IBM iSeries or IBM AS/400 Systems with TCP/IP with OS/400 V3R1 or later using OS/400 Host Print Transform|
Virtually any platform supporting TCP/IP
|UNIX Operating Systems Supported||Sun Solaris SPARC 8, 9, 10|
HP-UX 11.00, 11.1
IBM AIX 5.1, 5.2, 5.3
|Web Browsers for Embedded Web Server||Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.x, 6.x|
Netscape Navigator 6.x, 7.x
Apple Mac OS X Safari 1.0
Mozilla FireFox 1.0
|Network Type||IEEE 802.3, 802.3U 10/100BaseTX Ethernet|