Lexmark MS823 Laser Printer Series
Part #: 50G0180
The Lexmark MS823n features a first page as fast as 4.2 seconds and output up to 65 pages per minute*.
Part #: 50G0200
The Lexmark MS823dn features a first page as fast as 4.2 seconds, output up to 65 pages per minute*, and two-sided printing.
- Monochrome Laser
- Duplex (2-sided) Printing (dn version)
- Print Speed: 65 ppm
- Recommended Monthly Page Volume: 5000 - 75000 pages†
Looking for Lexmark MS823 Parts?
This is an FCC Class A device. Not intended for use in residential or domestic environments.
Ready to work
With access to input capacity of up to 4400 sheets, replacement toner cartridges that go as high as 55,000 pages**, long-life imaging unit and a fuser that may never need replacement, you’ll spend more time printing. Plus, innovations in part replacement and accessibility help you resolve problems quickly.
Fast start + enduring performance
A first page as fast as 4.2 seconds sets the stage for printing and copying up to 65  ppm*. And support for large workloads is built in, with recommended monthly page volume as high as 350,000 pages.
Engineered to last
Steel frames and a robust paper feeding system that reliably handles diverse media types and sizes support heavy-duty use and a long life in even the harshest environments.
* Print and copy speeds measured in accordance with ISO/IEC 24734 and ISO/IEC 24735 respectively (ESAT). For more information see: www.lexmark.com/ISOspeeds.
** Average standard page yield value declared in accordance with ISO/IEC 19752.
In the Box
- Power cord(s)
- Statement of limited warranty / guarantee
- Setup guide or sheet (network and local attachment)
- Return program imaging unit
- Software and documentation CD
- Lexmark MS823n laser printer
- Up to 11,000 pages* starter return program toner cartridge
- Stability sheet and safety sheet or booklet
- Lexmark Cartridge Collection Program information
Box contents may vary by country and/or reseller. Subject to change without notice.
*Average Continuous Cartridge Yield in one-sided (simplex) mode 11,000 standard pages. Declared yield value in accordance with ISO/IEC 19752.
Ethernet, USB or parallel cable not included.
- 2.4-inch (60 mm) Color LCD display
|Media Sizes Supported|
- A6, Oficio, 7 3/4 Envelope, 9 Envelope, JIS-B5, A4, Legal, A5, Letter, B5 Envelope, Statement, C5 Envelope, Executive, Universal, DL Envelope, Folio, 10 Envelope
|Included Paper Handling|
- 100-Sheet Multipurpose Feeder, 550-Sheet Output Bin, 550-Sheet Input
- Gigabit Ethernet (10/100/1000), Front USB 2.0 Specification Hi-Speed Certified port (Type A), USB 2.0 Specification Hi-Speed Certified (Type B), One Internal Card Slot
|Size (in. - H x W x D)|
|Packaged Size (in. - H x W x D)|
|Packaged Weight (lb.)|
|Print Speed |
|Print Speed Duplex |
- Up to:
- Black: 39 spm (Letter)
|Time to First Page |
- As fast as:
- Black: 4.2 seconds
|Print Resolution |
- Black: 1200 x 1200 dpi, 2400 Image Quality, 300 x 300 dpi, 600 x 600 dpi, 1200 Image Quality
|Duplex (2-sided) Printing |
|Printable Area |
- 0.167 inches of the top, bottom, right and left edges (within)
|Media Types Supported |
- Integrated Labels, Paper Labels, Card Stock, Plain Paper, Dual Web Labels, Transparencies, Envelopes, Refer to the Card Stock & Label Guide.
|Finishing Option |
|Number of Paper Inputs |
|Paper Input Capacity |
- Standard: 650 pages 20 lb or 75 gsm bond
- Maximum: 4400 pages 20 lb or 75 gsm bond
- 650 pages 20 lb or 75 gsm bond
|Paper Output Capacity |
- Up to:
- Standard: 550 pages 20 lb or 75 gsm bond
- Maximum: 2550 pages 20 lb or 75 gsm bond
|Paper Weight Range Supported |
- 16 - 47 lb. (Standard Tray (lb.))
|Integrated Tray Card Stock Upper limit |
- Index Bristol - 199 gsm (110 lb) (grain short)
- Tag - 203 gsm (125 lb) (grain short)
- Cover - 176 gsm (65 lb) (grain short)
|Recommended Monthly Page Volume |
|Maximum Monthly Duty Cycle |
- Up to:
- 300000 pages per month3
Cartridges & Imaging
|Laser Cartridge Yields |
- up to:
- 7,5004-page Cartridge
- 35,0004-page Extra High Yield Cartridge
- 15,0004-page High Yield Cartridge
- 55,0004-page Ultra High Yield Cartridge
|Imaging Unit Estimated Yield |
- Up to:
- 150000 pages, based on 3 average letter/A4-size pages per print job and ~ 5% coverage5
|Cartridge(s) Shipping with Product |
- 11,0000-page Starter Return Program Toner Cartridge
|Replacement Cartridges: |
- Product functions only with replacement cartridges designed for use in a specific geographical region. See www.lexmark.com/regions for more details.
- Standard: 512 MB
- Maximum: 4608 MB
|Hard Disk |
|Printer Languages |
- PCL 5e Emulation, PCL 6 Emulation, Microsoft XPS (XML Paper Specification), Personal Printer Data Stream (PPDS), PostScript 3 Emulation, PDF 1.7 emulation, Direct Image, AirPrint™
|Fonts and Symbol Sets |
- 2 PCL bitmap fonts, 158 scalable PostScript fonts, OCR-A, OCR-B scalable PCL 5e fonts, For more information, refer to the Technical Reference., 84 scalable PCL fonts, 3 of 9 scalable PCL 5e fonts in Narrow, Regular and Wide, 5 PPDS bitmap fonts, 39 scalable PPDS fonts
|Touch Screen Display |
|Direct USB |
|Ethernet Network |
|Network Protocol Support |
- TCP/IP IPv6, TCP/IP IPv4, AppleTalk™, TCP, UDP
|Network Printing Methods |
- LPR/LPD, Direct IP (Port 9100), Telnet, FTP, TFTP, Enhanced IP (Port 9400), ThinPrint .print integration, IPP 1.0, 1.1, 2.0 (Internet Printing Protocol)
|Network Management Protocols |
- DHCP, APIPA (AutoIP), BOOTP, RARP, mDNS, IGMP, Bonjour, WINS, DDNS, SNMPv3, SNMPv1, SNMPv2c, Telnet, NTP, ICMP, HTTP, DNS, ARP, HTTPs (SSL6/TLS), Finger
|Network Security |
- IPSec, SNMPv3, 802.1x Authentication: MD5, MSCHAPv2, LEAP, PEAP, TLS, TTLS
|Optional Local Ports |
- Internal 1284-B Bidirectional Parallel, Internal RS-232C serial
|Optional Network Ports |
- MarkNet N8230 Fiber Ethernet Print Server, Marknet N8370 WiFi Option
Supported Operating Systems
|Microsoft Windows Operating Systems Supported |
- Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 8 x64, Windows 7 x64, Windows 8.1 x64, Windows 7
|Apple Operating Systems Supported |
- Apple OS X (10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, 10.11, 10.12)
|Linux Operating Systems Supported |
- Debian GNU/Linux 7.0, 8.0, Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, Fedora 23, 24, openSUSE Linux 42.3, Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS 6, 7, openSUSE Linux 13.2, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10, 11, 12
|Citrix MetaFrame |
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Server running Terminal Services with Citrix MetaFrame XP Presentation Server or Citrix MetaFrame Presentation Server 3.0., Microsoft Windows Server 2012 with Citrix XenApp 6.0, 6.5, Microsoft Windows 2000 Server running Terminal Services with Citrix Presentation Server 3.0, 4.0, Microsoft Windows 2000 Server running Terminal Services with Citrix Presentation Server 4.0
|Novell Operating Systems Supported |
- Novell Open Enterprise Server on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server, Novell NetWare 5.1(SP 6+), 6.0(SP 3+) with Novell Distributed Print Services (NDPS), Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 SP2 on SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP3 3, Novell NetWare 6.5 Open Enterprise Server, Novell Open Enterprise Server 11 on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11, Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP4
|UNIX Operating Systems Supported |
- Sun Solaris x86 10, 11, Sun Solaris SPARC 10, 11, IBM AIX 6.1, 7.1
Electrical & Operation
|ENERGY STAR |
|ENERGY STAR Typical Electricity Consumption |
- 2.8 kilowatt-hours per week
|Noise Level |
- 14 dBA (Idle)
- 58 dBA (Print)
|Duplex Print Noise Level |
|Average Power |
- 0.2 watts (Hibernate Mode)
- 1.6 watts (Sleep Mode)
- 34 watts (Ready Mode)
- 800 watts (Printing)
|Specified Operating Environment |
- Humidity: 8 to 80% Relative Humidity
- Temperature: 10 to 32°C (50 to 90°F)
- Altitude: 0 - 2896 Meters (9,500 Feet)
|Product Certifications |
- ICES-003 Class B, BSMI Class B, VCCI Class B, US FDA, UL 60950-1, FCC Class B, cUL CAN/CSA-C22.2 60950-1, NOM, CB EN/IEC 60950-1, CB EN/IEC 60825-1, CE DoC (EN 62301 Class B, EN 62311, CE EN/IEC 60950-1, CE EN/IEC 60825-1, EN 61000-3, EN 55022 Class B, EuP, EN 55024, UL), EFTA (CE), KCC, CCC, CECP, CEL, C-tick DoC, UL-AR, KC mark, UL GS mark, EC 1275, MET-I, ISO 532B, ECMA-370, TED, GOST-R, SII, TER
|ENERGY STAR |
|UNSPSC Code |
|Harmonized Tariff Code |
|Country of Origin |
|License/Agreement Terms |
- Printers are sold subject to certain license/agreement conditions. See www.lexmark.com/printerlicense for details.
|Limited Warranty |
- See Statement of Limited Warranty:
- 1-Year Advanced Exchange, Next Business Day
1Print and copy speeds measured in accordance with ISO/IEC 24734 and ISO/IEC 24735 respectively (ESAT). For more information see: www.lexmark.com/ISOspeeds.
2"Maximum Monthly Duty Cycle" is defined as the maximum number of pages a device could deliver in a month using a multishift operation. This metric provides a comparison of robustness in relation to other Lexmark printers and MFPs.
3"Recommended Monthly Page Volume" is a range of pages that helps customers evaluate Lexmark’s product offerings based on the average number of pages customers plan to print on the device each month. Lexmark recommends that the number of pages per month be within the stated range for optimum device performance, based on factors including: supplies replacement intervals, paper loading intervals, speed, and typical customer usage.
4Average standard page yield value declared in accordance with ISO/IEC 19752.
5Actual Yield may vary based on other factors such as device speed, paper size and feed orientation, toner coverage, tray source, percentage of black-only printing and average print job complexity.
6This product includes software developed by the OpenSSL Project for use in the OpenSSL Toolkit. (http://www.openssl.org/)