Lexmark C3224dw Color Laser Printer
With color output up to 24 pages per minute*, compact footprint and standard Wi-Fi, the Lexmark C3224dw can support small workgroups.
In addition to built-in Ethernet and USB connectivity, Wi-Fi makes it easy for mobile users to get output via the Lexmark Mobile Print app, as well as Mopria and AirPrint technologies. And our new Wi-Fi setup wizard simplifies wireless configuration.
Lexmark's comprehensive approach to product security is a design and engineering mandate across our entire product portfolio. Our security features help keep your information safe in the document, on the device, over the network and at all points in between.
With its steel frame and long-life imaging components, the C3224dw is built to last.
Compact form factor
Measuring just 9.6 inches high x 16.2 inches wide x 15.5 inches deep (243.7 mm high x 411.2 mm wide x 394.1 mm deep), the C3224dw fits almost anywhere. Its compact size and light weight make it easy to ship, easy to set up and easy to move.
Save paper, save energy
Automatic two-sided printing is standard, along with a built-in energy-saving mode that goes from sleep to print to sleep with nothing to set. Plus, it's rated EPEAT Silver and is ENERGY STAR certified.
Color you can count on
Get rich, vibrant color in seconds with Lexmark's unique Unison toner. With toner yields up to 1500 pages**, easy-to-change replacement cartridges for the C3224dw give you more printing and less downtime. And if you run out of color toner, you can keep printing in black.
* Print and copy speeds measured in accordance with ISO/IEC 24734 and ISO/IEC 24735 respectively (ESAT). For more information see: www.lexmark.com/ISOspeeds.
** Average continuous black or continuous composite color (CMY) declared yield in one-sided (simplex) mode up to this number of pages in accordance with ISO/IEC 19798. Actual yield will vary considerably based upon many factors. See www.lexmark.com/yields for more information.
In the Box
- 500 page Cyan Print Cartridge
- 750 page Black Print Cartridge
- 500 Page Magenta Print Cartridge
- Warranty Information
- Worldwide Safety Information Sheet
- Lexmark C3224dw Color Laser Printer
- Power Cord
- 500 Page Yellow Print Cartridge
- Software and Documentation CD
- Worldwide Printer Setup Sheet
Box contents may vary by country and/or reseller. Subject to change without notice.
Ethernet, USB or parallel cable not included.
*Average continuous black or continuous composite CMY declared cartridge yield in one-sided (simplex) mode up to this number of standard pages in accordance with ISO/IEC 19798.
- Up to:
- Black: 24 ppm1 (Letter)
- Color: 24 ppm1 (Letter)
|Print Speed Duplex|
- Up to:
- Black: 12 spm1 (Letter)
- Color: 12 spm1 (Letter)
|Time to First Page|
- As fast as:
- Black: 11.1 seconds
- Color: 11.1 seconds
- Black: 4800 Color Quality, 600 x 600 dpi
- Color: 600 x 600 dpi, 4800 Color Quality
- Integrated Duplex
- 0.17 inches of the top, bottom, right and left edges (within)
|Media Types Supported|
- Paper Labels, Card Stock, Plain Paper, Envelopes, Glossy Paper, Refer to the Paper & Specialty Media Guide
|Number of Paper Inputs|
|Paper Input Capacity|
- Standard: 250+1 pages 20 lb or 75 gsm bond
- Maximum: 250+1 pages 20 lb or 75 gsm bond
- 250+1 pages 20 lb or 75 gsm bond
|Paper Output Capacity|
- Up to:
- Standard: 100 pages 20 lb or 75 gsm bond
- Maximum: 100 pages 20 lb or 75 gsm bond
|Paper Weight Range Supported|
- 16 -47 lb. (Standard Tray)
|Recommended Monthly Page Volume|
|Maximum Monthly Duty Cycle|
- Up to:
- 30000 pages per month3
Cartridges & Imaging
|Laser Cartridge Yields|
- up to:
- 1,5004-page Black and Color (CMYK) Cartridges
|Cartridge(s) Shipping with Product|
- 7504-page Black Starter Return Program Toner Cartridge, 5004-page Color (CMY) Starter Return Program Toner Cartridge
- Product functions only with replacement cartridges designed for use in a specific geographical region. See www.lexmark.com/regions for more details.
- Standard: 256 MB
- Maximum: 256 MB
- PCL 5, PCLm, PCL 6 Emulation, PostScript 3 Emulation
|Fonts and Symbol Sets|
- 2 PCL bitmap fonts, OCR-A, OCR-B scalable PCL 5e fonts, For more information, refer to the Technical Reference., 91 scalable PostScript fonts, Code 3 of 9 barcode fonts, 89 scalable PCL fonts
|Touch Screen Display|
|Network Protocol Support|
- TCP/IP IPv6, IPSEC w/ IPv4, IPSEC w/ IPv6, TCP/IP IPv4, ICMP, TCP, IGMP, UDP, 802.1x
|Network Printing Methods|
- LPR/LPD, Microsoft Web Services WSD, FTP, TFTP, Enhanced IP (Port 9400), IPP 1.0, 1.1, 2.0 (Internet Printing Protocol)
|Network Management Protocols|
- DHCP, APIPA (AutoIP), BOOTP, RARP, mDNS, IGMP, WINS, DDNS, SNMPv3, SNMPv1, SNMPv2c, NTP, ICMP, HTTP, DNS, ARP, HTTPs (SSL5/TLS), Finger
Supported Operating Systems
|Microsoft Windows Operating Systems Supported|
- Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 8 x64, Windows 7 x64, Windows Server 2016, Windows 7
|Apple Operating Systems Supported|
- Support is provided through AirPrint and AirScan only
|Linux Operating Systems Supported|
- openSUSE Linux 15, Debian 9.4, Debian GNU/Linux 8.11, Ubuntu 16.04, 18.04 LTS, openSUSE Linux 42.3, Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS 7.5, Fedora 27, 28, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10, 11, 12
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 and 2003 X64 Edition with Citrix XenApp 5.0, Microsoft Windows Server 2003 x64 running Terminal Services with Citrix Presentation Server 4.0 x64, 4.5 x64, Microsoft Windows 2000 Server running Terminal Services with Citrix Presentation Server 3.0, 4.0, Microsoft Windows Server 2003 running Terminal Services with Citrix Presentation Server 4.0, 4.5
|Novell Operating Systems Supported|
- Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 (SP3) on SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP4 (x86 and x64) 3, Novell Open Enterprise Server 11 (SP3) on SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP4 (x86 and x64), Novell NetWare 6.5 Open Enterprise Server, Novell Open Enterprise Server 15 (SP1) on SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP4 (x86 and x64), Novell Open Enterprise Server 11 (SP3) on SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP1 (x86 and x64)
Electrical & Operation
|ENERGY STAR Typical Electricity Consumption|
- 0.29 kilowatt-hours per week
- 14 dBA (Idle)
- 51 dBA (Print)
|Duplex Print Noise Level|
- NA watts (Hibernate Mode)
- 0.9 watts (Sleep Mode)
- 15.5 watts (Ready Mode)
- 385 watts (Printing)
|Specified Operating Environment|
- Humidity: 8 to 80% Relative Humidity
- Altitude: 0 - 3048 Meters (10,000 Feet)
- Temperature: 10 to 32C (50 to 90F)
- ENERGY STAR, DE-UZ 205, ICES-003 Class B, US FDA/CDRH, UL 60950-1, FCC Class B, cUL CAN/CSA-C22.2 60950-1, CB EN/IEC 60950-1, CB EN/IEC 60825-1, CE DoC (EN 62311, EN 55022(Class B), EN 55024, EN 61000, EN 61000, UL), EFTA (CE), KCC, CCC, CECP, CEL, RCM DoC, UL-AR, KC mark, UL GS mark, UCRF
|Harmonized Tariff Code|
|Country of Origin|
- Printers are sold subject to certain license/agreement conditions. See www.lexmark.com/printerlicense for details.
- See Statement of Limited Warranty:
- 1-Advanced Exchange, 3-5 Business Day Ground Shipment
1Print and copy speeds measured in accordance with ISO/IEC 24734 and ISO/IEC 24735 respectively (ESAT). For more information see: www.lexmark.com/ISOspeeds.
2"Recommended Monthly Page Volume" is a range of pages that helps customers evaluate Lexmark’s product offerings based on the average number of pages customers plan to print on the device each month. Lexmark recommends that the number of pages per month be within the stated range for optimum device performance, based on factors including: supplies replacement intervals, paper loading intervals, speed, and typical customer usage.
3"Maximum Monthly Duty Cycle" is defined as the maximum number of pages a device could deliver in a month using a multishift operation. This metric provides a comparison of robustness in relation to other Lexmark printers and MFPs.
4Average continuous black or continuous composite CMY declared cartridge yield up to this number of standard pages in accordance with ISO/IEC 19798.
5This product includes software developed by the OpenSSL Project for use in the OpenSSL Toolkit. (http://www.openssl.org/)