I-O PrintBox Serial
The I-O Print Box TxS/CxS plus is the most reliable and hassle-free external connectivity solution for serially attached ASCII printers. It is specifically targeted at connecting specialty printers (such as bar code label printers) to IBM host systems. The I-O Print Box TxS/CxS plus offers these features:
- Attaches virtually any PC printer with an RS-232 serial port to an IBM AS/400, System/3X, or 3270-type mainframe host, or to a controller.
- Setup is quick and easy via the mouse-supported PC setup software, through Host/PC download commands, and on-board DIP switches.
- Comes with drivers for a wide variety of popular ASCII printers including Hewlett-Packard PCL-type laser, Epson, and IBM dot-matrix printers, and a generic driver for use with specialty printers such as bar code label printers.
- Replaces and is 100% compatible with I-O's popular 8215 External Printer Interface.
- Comes with built-in intelligent printer sharing capabilities, allowing the attached printer to be automatically shared between twinax/coax and PC, LAN or RS/6000 users through the RS-232 port, at no extra cost.
|Host Systems:||Twinax (5250) or Coax (3270)|
|Interface:||IBM Twinax (TxS Plus) or Coax (CxS Plus) to RS-232 Serial|
|Power:||9V wall mount transformer|
|Environment:||Temperature: +40 to 110 F (+5 to 42 C)|
Relative humidity: 20% to 85%
Optimum: 70 +/- 15 F (24 +/- 8 C)
|Approvals:||FCC A; CISPER 22 class A|
|Attaches to IBM AS/400 or System/3X Hosts, or 5X94 Controllers|
|Supports IBM 3812-1 (SCS), 4214, 5224/25/56 Printer Emulations|
|APO and COR|
|Supports duplex selection of OS/400 beginning with V2R3 and OfficeVision/400|
|Supports Multiple Fonts via IBM Typestyle Numbers|
|Attaches to IBM 30XX, 43XX, or 937X Host, or 3x74 or 3276 Controller|
|IBM 3812-1, 4224, 4214, 3287/68/62 Printer Emulations (all non-IPDS)|
|LU3 (DSC) and LU1 (SCS) Mode Printing|
|APO and COR for laser printers|
|Supports All Applicable IBM RPQs|
|Reliable Performance||Increase productivity by avoiding printer downtime.|
|Configuration Through Mouse Driven PC Software or Host/PC Download Commands||Conveniently customize the I-O Print Box from a PC or from the host system|
|True IBM Printer Emulations||Replace IBM system printers without re-writing existing applications.|
|I-O Command Pass-Thru||Access all programmable functions of the attached printer such as bar codes, fonts, etc.|
|Software Compatibility||Print from popular host applications such as bar code and electronic forms printing packages without worrying about the print output.|
|Serial sharing port included||Increase the availability of the printer by sharing it between the IBM host and a PC, LAN, or RS/6000 through the RS-232 port, without paying extra.|